Food is the primary source of energy to perform everyday life. Food provides nutrients, nutrients give energy and energy is responsible for various actions of a living organism (like growth, breathing, digesting food). Muscle Building Foods…
Muscle Building Foods –
- 1 Muscle Building Foods –
- 2 Types of Micro-nutrients for Muscle Growth –
- 3 Vegetables for Muscle Growth –
- 4 Macro Nutrients for Muscle Growth –
When it is about building muscle, one should maintain the same consideration between food and exercises. In order to build muscle one must take more calories than the body burns for energy. Tiring oneself in the gym would not be useful without proper nutrition. Muscle builds on two initial principles; one, breaking down muscle fibers with training and build it better with nutrition. So, food is compulsory.
Types of Micro-nutrients for Muscle Growth –
Micronutrients (like calcium, vitamin D, magnesium) are essential for bone development and growth. And always keep in mind that, human body is composed of approximately 80% water, so drink plentiful water to regenerate and grow cells and tissues. These are the foods for growth of height and you can thus become taller that gives you the confidence to achieve ultimate success.
Pineapple: with the production of more melatonin at night, pineapple helps to sleep better and to create more growth hormone naturally.
Raw chocolate: By stimulating the pituitary gland, produces more growth hormone and dopamine.
Oranges: Rich in vitamin c, it is important for the growth of every tissue in the body.
Eggs: Eggs contain vitamin A, which is a necessary element for bone growth.
Spinach: Rich in Iron, Zinc and a vital vitamin for bone health, vitamin K.
Vegetables for Muscle Growth –
Here you get a clear view of the muscle building vegetables that help you to grow muscles making yo feel confident.
- Watercress: Packed by high dose of nutrients added with calcium and iron.
- Sweet potato: High fiber content of sweet potato maintains blood sugar and prevents fatigue during workout.
- Bell pepper: Bell pepper contains about 2 gm of protein per half cup serving. It is also rich in vitamin C, which helps to burn fat and turns carbohydrates into fuel.
- Soybeans: Soybeans are packed with an amino acid called leucine, which stimulates protein synthesis.
- Broccoli: It is the most nutritious vegetable for muscle building. Full with vitamin K, C and minerals like potassium, calcium, selenium.
- Brussels sprouts: It enhances body’s detoxification system and provides plenty of fiber to help digestion.
- Kale: Rich in vitamin A, C and K. also contains copper, calcium, manganese, fiber etc.
Macro Nutrients for Muscle Growth –
- Macro nutrients like proteins, polyunsaturated fatty acids and complex carbohydrates are the essentials, while trying to build muscles.
- Protein: To permanently boost protein synthesis and a high concentration of amino acid in blood, regular protein supply is mandatory. Combine animal and plant proteins in your diet. Like eggs, lean meats, fish, and soya and low-fat dairy products. 2 gm of protein per kg of body weight is recommended. Red meat containing lots of creatine is very popular for muscle building.
- Carbohydrate: To support and regenerate the muscles after workouts, a high carbohydrate environment within the body is expected. Complex carbohydrate is the key source of energy for muscles. Consuming more carbohydrate than need, leads to the stock of glycogen, which the body produce with the extra sugar and uses during the intense workout session for more energy. 3-4 kg carbohydrate per kg of body weight is recommended. Like potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal and whole grains.
- Unsaturated fatty acids: Plant oils (like coconut oil, flax oil), fish (like cod, salmon), walnuts, avocado are the sources of unsaturated fatty acids, which is important to maintain such body functions like release of testosterone, hormone production etc.
- [Eat at least six meals a day with two to three hours of gap. There must be a proper balance of nutrients in the meal. Take high-quality carbohydrates with around 30 gm of protein in every meal. Bad fats can damage physical and mental performance, so vital fatty acids should be included in the diet, like olive oil, low-fat fish, and nuts].
- Meal before and after workout:
- 300 gm quarks and 100 gm of berries before 1 hour of workout is an ideal pre workout meal.
- Protein shakes with various fruit juice within 30 minutes after workout.
- Meat or egg whites, whole wheat pasta, potatoes or oatmeal within 60 to 90 minutes after workout is a good post workout meal.
Food Increasing Strength of Bones and Muscles –
Two key nutrients is needed for stronger bones
- Calcium Vitamin D
1000 mg of calcium and 200 IUs vitamin D is recommended for adults.
(Milk, yogurt, salmon, cheese, leafy green, nuts, fortified foods, soya beans)
So, you get a clear view of food for strong muscles and bones ensuring that you explore a better way of life.
Necessary Foods to Develop Muscle for Skinny Guys
Take 0.82g protein per kg of body weight every day. Do not avoid carbohydrate and fats either. They have more calories than protein. Most importantly, eat more calories than your body burns.
Few protein sources to gain weight:
- Chicken breast and thighs, eggs
- Tuna, salmon, cod, halibut
- Milk, yoghurt, cheese
- Seeds and nuts
- Tofu, soymilk, tempeh
Small and Several Meals –
Get up early and eat a healthy breakfast. Try to eat small meals every two or three hours added with 1000 calories every three hours. Thus, you get an idea of muscle building foods for skinny guys.
Muscle Building Foods
To gain weight easier way, high calorie foods are most helpful. With high calorie foods you need to eat less to achieve the daily calorie surplus.
- Nuts and nut butters
- Dried fruits
- Sweet potato
- Coconut oil
Drink Shakes –
Try to get some calories in liquid form, because it is easier to digest and will make room faster for the next food and make it simpler to gain weight. Below is a quality mass gainer shake for skinny guys to gain weight …..
- Peanut butter
- Whole milk
[Quantity depends on individuals]
Blend them all together and drink in breakfast every day. It will be cheaper and healthier for the natural source of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
How Much To Eat To Grow Muscle?
Appropriate food consumption is the key factor after workout plan, in order to build muscle. In this regards, you can consult with an expert knowing how much should I eat to build muscle. To support muscle building efforts through diet one must be careful about few things, like
Muscle Building Foods – Body Type
Ectomorph: (A body type of low amount of body fat and slow weight gainer)
The body needs calorie surplus to build muscle, so, eating lots of carbohydrates is preferable. Also a plenty of protein and good fat consumption is recommended with healthy amount of fruits and vegetables.
Endomorph: (A body type with fast development of muscle and fat deposit)
Low amount of carbohydrate and fat diet should be followed, with lots of protein, fruits and vegetables.
Mesomorph: (A body type with high muscle mass and quick muscle building ability)
High carbohydrate diet throughout the day and low carbohydrate diet in the evening, with healthy amount of protein, good fats, fruits and vegetables.
Techniques to Build Muscle for Females –
Strength training or basically lifting weights is the most significant idea to build lean muscles. It makes muscles stronger and broader. It’s important to know how to build lean muscle for females that give them the confidence to go ahead in life. In order to build lean muscles one can follow this workout table below:
- Legs: leg press, barbell squat, dumbbell lunges, barbell hip thrust, one legged TRX squat
(3 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Chest and triceps: push-ups, chest fly, dumbbell overhead press, bent over row, resistance band triceps extension
(3 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Shoulders and Traps: dumbbell shrug, barbell row, lat press, lat row, lateral rise, machine shoulder press, one arm rear deltoid rise
(4 sets, 7-10 reps)
- Back and biceps: close grip pulldown, single arm dumbbell row, bicep curl, hammer curl, plank up and down, bicep push up
(3 sets, 8-12 reps)
Keep in mind to mix your workouts to build lean muscles and toned body.
In order to build lean muscle one need to implement a proper diet plan. Have your meal five to six times a day to sustain the anabolic state of your body. Add more carbohydrates in your breakfast and also take a healthy amount of good carbohydrate within 30 minutes after training. A mixture of liquid carbohydrate and protein is recommended.