Some thought that it is hard to build muscle for skinny guys because of genetic disability. But as a matter of fact, usually they work very hard without having proper rest according to their need, and also eat less. In order to gain weight one need to eat more calories than the body burns for energy. Weight training helps you to build muscle by using the food you eat, but, if the training is not sufficient, the extra food will be stored as fat, usually around the belly. Try to adopt a proven workout table in place of your own idea. Compound exercises with heavy weights increases the testosterone levels, and inevitably build muscle. At first focus on light weight to maintain the correctness of each exercises. Gradually increase the amount of weight.
Basic Rules of Weight Lifting for Skinny Guys –
- Free weights are more efficient than machine, where you are responsible for the balance. And you can add weight as much as you please, without sticking in a fixed weight of a dumbbell.
- Exercises which work on several muscles at the same time with heavy weight will be more helpful. Like squats, dead lift, bench press etc.
- Lifting the same weight all the time is probably not a good idea to follow. Lifting more weight than the last time will force the body to gain more strength and to build muscle to lift the extra weight.
- Be careful about the perfection in training, proper form of exercise will lead to more strength and muscles and also prevent injuries.
- Three full body workouts in a week are enough for skinny guys. Muscles need rest to recover from the prior exercise.
Eating Habits –
Take 0.82 g protein per kg of body weight every day. Do not avoid carbohydrate and fats either. They have more calories than protein. Most importantly, eat more calories than your body burns.
Few Protein Sources to Gain Weight –
- Chicken breast and thighs, eggs
- Tuna, salmon, cod, halibut
- Milk, yoghurt, cheese
- Seeds and nuts
- Tofu, soymilk, tempeh
Small and Several Meals –
Get up early and eat a healthy breakfast. Try to eat small meals every two or three hours added with 1000 calories every three hours.
High Calorie Food –
To gain weight easier way, high calorie foods are most helpful. With high calorie foods you need to eat less to achieve the daily calorie surplus.
- Nuts and nut butters
- Dried fruits
- Sweet potato
- Coconut oil
Drink Shakes –
Try to get some calories in liquid form, because it is easier to digest and will make room faster for the next food and make it simpler to gain weight. Below is a quality mass gainer shake for skinny guys to gain weight …..
- Peanut butter
- Whole milk
[Quantity depends on individuals]
Blend them all together and drink in breakfast every day. It will be cheaper and healthier for the natural source of vitamins, minerals and fiber.